Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Diary of a Wimpy Kid


Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



At the library where I work, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is so popular that the staff is amazed if one actually makes it back on the shelf. Since the kids are always asking for it, I decided that I should read it in order to see what all the hype is about.


Maybe it is because I am old but I did not find the main character, Greg, very likable at all. Basically, he spends the entire book torturing his friend and making fun of other people. I was rather happy when his friend, Rowley, ditched him for some other people. He did redeem himself in the end somewhat but not enough to make me like the book. I wished there were a few more instances where he showed some redeeming qualities or at the very least appreciated having Rowley as a friend.

My feeling aside about Greg aside, the drawings and the writing make the book interesting to read and I can see why kids would like it. It is a great book for all those reluctant readers out there. If you are in middle school, you might even find it funny. I probably will read the other books in the series because I do want to know if Greg is able to grow as a person.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment